You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Bariatric Program Coordinator.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Our expert team at Downtown Surgery Specialists is committed to providing quality, patient-centered care in a comfortable and compassionate environment. We use the latest technology and innovative techniques to deliver unmatched surgery services.
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence – Magnet designation – by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Bariatric Program Coordinator you need to know how to:
- Guide and direct inpatient and outpatient weight loss surgery program for Saint Joseph Hospital
- Oversee and support outpatient bariatric clinical staff under the direction of the bariatric medical director(s).
- Coordinate and develop education and comprehensive planning, to include clinical pathways, for weight loss surgery patients in the pre-operative, peri-operative and postoperative phases for patients and both clinical and hospital staff with a focus on patient safety. This includes, but is not limited to:
- preoperative patient clearance
- post-operative phone calls
- post-operative rounds on patients
- patient teaching
- staff education for both outpatient clinic and hospital staff
- In coordination with the medical director(s), responsible for program development to include overall program growth through marketing, community outreach, physician outreach and patient recruitment for weight loss surgery services
- Monitor outcomes data and collection, quality improvement initiatives, and the education of relevant staff with a focus on metabolic and bariatric surgery patient safety and outcomes in accordance with MBSAQIP guidelines.
- Manages the MBSAQIP accreditation process ensuring continuous compliance with MBSAQIP standards
- Maintain all relevant MBSAQIP clinical pathways and protocols
- Manages bariatric support groups
- Serves as a liaison between the hospital and the MBSAQIP
- Actively participates with the MBS committee and attends all required meetings per MBSAQIP guidelines
- Promote effective working relations as part of a multidisciplinary team to facilitate the weight loss surgery programs ability to meet its goals and objectives
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- 2 years coordinator experience of a Bariatric Program as a Licensed healthcare professional or registered dietitian
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association
- Current State of Colorado Licensed Dietitian or healthcare professional (required)
- CBN or actively pursuing (if a Registered Nurse). Acquired within 6 months of hire if not current CBN
- Experience working with, and sensitivity toward, special populations, including those with limited income, and limited education, and with non-English speaking individuals
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google programs
- Full understanding and working knowledge of EPIC computer systems
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Bariatric Program Coordinator on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.