In this position, the Physical Therapist assists in the treatment of physical dysfunction or injury by the use of therapeutic exercise, functional activities, gait training and the application of modalities with the purpose of restoring or facilitating normal function or development in the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates patients, schedules and establishes appropriate treatment goals and delivers skilled physical assessments and treatments effectively and efficiently.
- Delegates/supervises effectively within scope of authority to students, assistants and technicians.
- Reassesses patient progress, revises treatment plan and modifies goals when appropriate.
- Discharges patient when therapy services are no longer needed or beneficial.
Environment of Care
- Assists in orientation and training of new personnel using orientation checklist and department Policy and Procedures..
- Contributes to maintaining all requirements needed for TJC/CARF accreditation and for successful state surveys.
- Documents assessments, discharge summaries, IPOC, all daily treatments and unit specific requirements.
- Designs, explains and provides copy of discharge exercise and activity plan to patient, family, or caregiver.
- Documents, enters charges on charge sheet, time on 3 hour log and reconciles charges daily.
The information above is for summary purposes and is not intended to be a comphrensive list of essential functions.