SCL Health is currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus for new hire Clinical Documentation Specialists!
The Clinical Documentation Specialist reviews inpatient medical records and collaborates with physicians to ensure the complete and compliant documentation of all diagnoses/conditions.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Comprehensive clinical review of the Electronic Health Record focusing on physician/provider documentation
- Coaching physicians, nurses and other clinicians on best practice documentation using effective communication skills and the established query process
- Communication of issues related to documentation and coding to CDI Leadership
- Collaboration with onsite CDI team and CDI leadership to achieve identified CDI system goals.
- Knowledge of CDI core concepts and processes and knowledge of Medicare Parts A and B, Coding Guidelines and quality initiatives.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, required
Valid license in the state of practice, required
Three years of experience in adult acute care, required
Ability to work collaboratively and independently, required