This position may provide both primary and specialty medical services. Provides evaluation and direct patient care that promotes achievement/maintenance of optimal health. Participates as a member of the health care team and as directed by the medical staff to meet patient needs and provide continuity of care.
Responsible for assessing and attending to the spiritual needs of patients, their families, and employees, particularly in times of spiritual distress brought on by life threatening or life altering medical diagnoses and procedures.
Serves the patient and family by assisting in resolution of bioethical concerns, and may be asked to assist in matters such as securing family permission for organ transplantation, or providing a religious perspective on withdrawing life support systems.
As a service to the hospital staff, spiritual counseling and support is offered through group work, religious services, hospital celebrations, and other methods.
Represents the hospital to the broader religious community and the surrounding areas.
Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
1. Licensed as a Physician Assistant-Certified by MT State Board of Medical Examiners.
2. Prescriptive Authority by MT State board of Medical Examiners and DEA license.
3. BLS/ACLS certification w/in 6 mos of employment and kept current after that.
4. PALS certification w/in 1 year of hire
5. One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred