The Patient Access Manager implements, oversees and supports revenue cycle front end related activities with a focus on patient access activities, including patient registration, scheduling, check-in/check-out, point of service collections, cash management, referral management, financial counseling and clearance of patients, authorizations and referrals for procedures and services, and patient/workflow coordination.
- Oversees and operates as a high level subject matter expert in specific patient access activities for the medical group clinics and physician offices in assigned market. Coordinates activities of the clinic patient access area. Develops and implements strategies to improve the Patient Access work culture including comprehensive training and skill development.
- Works with Clinic personnel to optimize and standardize scheduling, check-in, check-out, and financial service activities within the clinic / department. Establishes and maintains processes for efficient patient flow and appropriate utilization of resources. Actively participates on committees to achieve efficiencies and desired outcomes, and ensures follow-up on action plans (operating processes, policies and procedures, denial prevention, revenue enhancements) and monitor success.
- Monitors quality and manages workload to include patient work queue, claim edit, referral and order work queue management. Acts in the capacity of clinic PSR’s/Front Desk/Patient Access associates. Greets and provides assistance to patients, visitors and associates. Explains policies and procedures and resolves problems relating to registration items. Gathers necessary documentation to support proper handling of inquiries/complaints and follows up/resolves in a timely manner.
- Works with Clinic Managers to ensure functions related to front end activities are operating in optimal performance. Works with Clinic Managers to plan and implement strategies relative to front end activities.
- Maintains liaison with medical and other professional and departmental staff in administering policies and procedures regarding revenue cycle activities, patient access and flow. Resolves issues relating to patient access (clinic) services and processes. Shares KPI performance on a monthly basis with clinic leadership including action plans to enhance/improve performance. Processes data requests for clinic leadership as requested. Enforces regulatory and compliance requirements (HIPPA, JCAHO, etc…). Enforces and follows all internal controls, particularly as they relate to cash management policies and procedures.
- Develop / implement strategies to increase cash collections. Identifies cost savings within operation.
- Generates, analyzes and/or interprets entity (PDC / DUH, DRAH, DRH) and PRMO specific reports relating to department performance, staff performance, financial performance and execute appropriate action plan. Utilizes dashboard and reporting effectively to manage business on a daily basis.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Six (6) years of work experience, including at least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- The preferred Bachelor’s level degree may substitute for up to four (4) years of required experience and one (1) year of required supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s level degree is preferred.
Organization: Corporate, Various Locations
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
Department: SYS-tem Patient Access
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18003269