Provide care through effective planning, intervention and evaluation. Meet the needs of the patient, family, and multi-disciplinary team through effective communication, coordination, and documentation and under direct supervision of a registered nurse.
- Coordinate patient care and report patient changes to the appropriate team members.
- Ensure that the progress of patients is communicated to staff, physicians, other departments and family.
- Provide patient with assigned activities and tasks.
- Document patients’ condition in medical and facility records according to policy and regulations.
- Provide therapeutic interventions on an individual and group basis which are congruent with team structure and program expectations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of treatment plans when requested.
- Maintain under the direction of the nurse, ongoing communication with internal and external individuals and/or agencies as appropriate, utilizing effective customer service skills.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Demonstrate age related care skills as defined by unit patient populations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
High School Diploma or GED
One year Mental Health Counseling in-patient experience required or 3 years memory care / skilled nursing facility with behavioral health patients (as evaluated by the supervisor)
Successful completion of nurse assistant training program
BLS on hire
Certified as a nurse aide in the State of Colorado