EKG Tech - PRN, as needed, Day Shift
This position is responsible for performing electrocardiographic examinations and procedures and examinations for adult and pediatric patients; ensuring proper documentation and clerical duties associated with the exams. This position is accountable for recognizing abnormal results and reporting to physicians.
- Perform ECG tracings, recognizing abnormal or technically inadequate results and report these results to the physician.
- Implement and discontinue monitor systems to patients for 24 hour monitoring.
- Perform Signal Averaged ECGs.
- Prepare patients and perform testing according to the physician's orders.
- Follow departmental policy and procedure for performing and processing all procedures including proper ordering, charging, computer entry, copy, filing, and distributing.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Working knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Education in basic arrhythmia, cardiac anatomy, and physiology, required
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred
- One (1) year of experience administering electrocardiographic exams in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-Non-Invasive Cardiology
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18002205