- Establishes annual goals, key metrics and outcome measures in alignment with System, Region and Care Site needs related to Mission Integration and Community Benefit at the local ministry level.
- Coordinates various Mission-related programs in alignment with annual goals including oversight of mission council, heritage celebrations, orientation, and ministry formation experiences.
- Leads and/or assists with Community Benefit processes including community health needs assessment, implementation planning, and reporting.
- Leads and/or supports tracking and inventories of community outreach, partnership development, and collaborative planning with public and private stakeholders.
- Coordinates and strengthens relationships with community agencies, churches, and service groups as determined by the needs of the care site.
- Ministers to the religious, spiritual, ethical and emotional needs of patients, families and staff, including occasional night and weekend call coverage.
- Provides support to spiritual care initiatives and programs.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required : Bachelors Degree, One unit of Clinical Pastoral Education.
Preferred : Degree in theology, religious studies, social sciences, education, community health, or organizational development.
Certification, Registration, License:
Required: Friends and Family BLS required within 6 months of hire.
Required : Two (2) years in health care environment, behavioral health or community health setting.
Preferred : Two (2) years in Catholic healthcare ministry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of Catholic Healthcare Ministry
- Excellent communication, coordination, collaboration and organizational skills
- Ability to manage several projects and initiatives with competing priorities
- Knowledge of public health concepts
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in order to provide outstanding customer service
- Skills in Microsoft office programs
- Although travel will be the exception, must be willing and able to travel if called upon to do so.