Interprets and transcribes dictation by physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding patient assessment, workup, therapeutic procedures, clinical course, diagnosis, prognosis, etc., in order to document patient care and facilitate delivery of healthcare services.
- Transcribes medical dictation to provide a permanent record of patient care.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the responsibilities related to the transcription of patient records to protect the patient and the business/institution.
- Operates designated word processing, dictation, and transcription equipment as directed to complete assignments.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Copies and distributes medical reports.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Advanced level proficiency in typing, word processing, and computer skills, required
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical transcription guidelines and practices, required
- Associates degree or related vocational training, preferred
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18003374