Assembles cold food items, prepares food trays; washes and stores pots, pans, dishes and utensils; opens and closes Cafeteria; and operates cash register by performing the following duties.
- Accurately reads production orders on menu cards on trays to determine items to place on tray.
- Appropriately places items such as eating utensils, napkins, and condiments on trays.
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list on menu card.
- Examines filled tray for completeness and places on cart.
- Demonstrates proper care and use of dish machine and other essential pieces of equipment.
- Appropriately changes or adjusts temperature valves to maintain appropriate temperature as required.
- Demonstrates proper handling, storage, washing, and transporting of all kitchen utensils, pots, pans, and dishes.
- Demonstrates proper HAACP Food Safety/Sanitation guidelines.
- Demonstrates the correct use of soap and other solutions/chemicals used by the dish machine
- Demonstrates operation of an automated dishwashing solution dispensing system.
- Sorts clean dishes and silverware according to departmental policy.
- Appropriately transports clean dishes, pots, pans and utensils to storage areas.
- Timely reports broken or damaged dishware or utensils to supervisor.
- Responsibly and timely opens and closes Cafeteria. Correctly operates cash register.
- Responsible for accurately maintaining Doctor’s dining room.
- Responsible for delivering patient trays in a timely manner while following proper AIDET procedures and proper patient identification procedures as stated in the hospital policy and procedure manual.
- Accurately computes or recomputes bill, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due.
- Accurately and efficiently makes change, cashes checks, and issues receipts or tickets to customers.
- Accurately enters in requisitions into café point of sale system.
- Correctly records amounts received and prepares reports of transactions.
- Accurately reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Demonstrates communication skills according to age of patient/visitor/customer. Gives proper instructions to patients/visitor/customer relative to his/her age requirements.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program.
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Organization: St. James Healthcare, Butte, MT
Primary Location: MT-Butte
Department: SJB-Nutrition Services
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18003177