Lutheran Medical Center and Saint Joseph Hospital were named to the 2018 America's Best 50 hospitals list by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This places those care sites in the top one percent of more than 4,500 hospitals assessed nationwide Good Samaritan Medical Center has achieved the Healthgrades 2018 America’s 100 Best Hospitals Award, placing it among the top two percent of hospitals nationwide.
This position works under moderate supervision to perform routine awake and sleep EEGs.
- Reads physician's electroencephalograph test requisition to determine which of a number of standards tests are to be performed; explains to patient the need for the examination and procedure involved in an effort to reduce or overcome possible anxiety or reluctance to cooperate.
- Determines locations to place electrodes on patient's head; marks locations on patient's head. Attaches electrodes to marked locations on patient's head; ensures that electrode leads are connected correctly; calibrates all electroencephalograph recording channels in accordance with standard procedure.
- Operates electroencephalograph equipment in accordance with training, experience, and standard procedure to produce tracings for analysis by a physician.
- Observes patient for undesired activity such as blinking of the eves or leg movement which may produce artifacts on the tracing and notates such activity on the tracing.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Completion of specialized vocational training in electroencephalography or related medical training, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-EEG/Sleep Lab
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18002831