Provides independent and advanced professional medical care through assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Function independently to perform physical assessments of patients discriminating between normal and abnormal findings using sound judgment and critical problem solving skills. Obtains pertinent medical history. Performs appropriate physical exam. Obtains and reviews relevant laboratory or radiologic studies. Identifies and assesses significant co-morbidities. Develops appropriate treatment plans. Initiates appropriate actions to preserve patient life, foster recovery, and enhance wellness.
- Provides efficient and compassionate care for both the patient and their family utilizing multi-disciplinary approach through communication, continuity, coordination and evaluation. Provides relevant education and counseling to patients and families to support care plan, treatment, and discharge.
- Collaborates with other healthcare team members, leadership, and medical staff to provide safe patient care. Communicates pertinent findings and information to physician and team.
- Assists collaborating physicians with management of patients in the hospital consistent with care site policies, regulations, and approved Scope of Practice.
- Responsible for compliance of regulatory standards and practice metrics. Documents in accordance with regulatory and care site guidelines.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift
- Required: Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program is required.
- Required: Current Physician Assistant license in state of practice is required. Current prescriptive privileges in state of practice is required. Current DEA licensure is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification is required
Organization: SCL Health Medical Group - Front Range, Greater Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SCLP-MGDN-SJH-Denver Urogyn
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18003073