**Sign-on bonuses and relocation assistance are currently available for this position. Some restrictions apply, speak with the recruiter for further details.
Answer your calling by bringing your nursing expertise to Saint Joseph Hospital’s Operating Room!
Saint Joseph Hospital, located in downtown Denver, has been serving the Denver area for more than 140 years and is known as the largest private teaching hospital in the state of Colorado. In December of 2014, Saint Joseph Hospital opened its doors to a brand new, state-of-the-art hospital boasting 360 beds along with outdoor spaces on every floor and over 500 trees on the campus.
Our absolutely state-of-the-art OR boasts 21 surgical suites, with 2 designated for CV cases and 2 designated as hybrid rooms. Our Main OR specialties include: Bariatric, Robotics, General Surgery, Ortho, Neuro, OB-GYN and CV, including open heart cases. With over 50% of our OR staff being CNOR-certified, we pride ourselves in providing top-notch, personalized patient care.
Saint Joseph is ranked 2nd in the nation for Cardiovascular Surgical Services.
Conditions we treat with heart surgery
Our heart surgeons treat everything from emergencies to long-term conditions, including:
We perform a wide range of surgical procedures, such as:
- Heart valve replacement – Our expert heart surgeons use traditional and minimally invasive procedures to repair or replace heart valves that are not functioning properly.
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) – Expert surgeons use a piece of healthy blood vessel, usually from the leg or wrist, to bypass a blocked portion of coronary artery that is reducing blood flow to the heart.
- ASD and PFO closures – Procedures to treat these congenital heart defects, often found in children.
- Maze procedure – Surgical procedure for chronic Afib that creates a new “maze” of electrical pathways that can restore normal heart rhythm.
- TAVR – Transcatheter aortic valve replacement places a mechanical valve in the place of a damaged aortic valve and typically involves shorter recovery times than traditional open heart surgery.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required (BSN required within 5 years' of employment)
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a busy CVOR setting