The Social Worker provides social services to patients in the care site and/or assigned unit.
- Provides continuing care assessments and reassessments of patients and families to assist in development of their treatment and discharge plans. Identifies psychosocial and financial needs. Accesses appropriate services and resources.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care planning meetings. Communicates and collaborates with medical, interdisciplinary team staff, patient, family, insurance companies, and social agencies to provide quality discharge plan to appropriate, safe, level of care. Promotes patient/family participation in decision-making and care planning.
- Provides community resources for psychosocial, financial, and educational needs of patient and family. Collaborates with agencies. Participates in community activities, community-wide in-services and training to promote psycho-social health.
- Provides individual counseling, group counseling to patient and family as appropriate. Assists case manager with family and interdisciplinary meetings regarding patients as needed. Provides crisis intervention to patients and families. Provides patient and family education and community education, including advanced directives, domestic violence, child and elder abuse.
- Completes chart audits as needed. Assists in the development, implementation and annual review of policies, procedures and protocols related to Social Services Department.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
- Master’s degree from an accredited school of Social Work is required.
- Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient needs, develop and implement a plan of care and coordinate the discharge planning process, required
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Social Work Services
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18003054