MISSION, VISION, & VALUES
Mission: We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health or the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Vision: Inspired by our faith,
- We will be distinguished as the premier patient/family-centered health system and trusted partner
- We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across settings and improve access, quality, health outcomes and affordability
- We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnership with others who share our vision and values.
- Caring Spirit We honor the sacred dignity of each person
- Excellence We set and surpass high standards
- Good Humor We create joyful and welcoming environments
- Integrity We do the right thing with openness and pride
- Safety We deliver care that seeks to eliminate harm for patients and associates
- Stewardship We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.
CORPORATE COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and adhere to SCL Health compliance standards as they appear in the SCL Health Corporate Compliance Policy
- Keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state, and SCL Health regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified)
- (Supervisors/Managers) Ensures that staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs.
The IT Director is responsible for guiding and managing the staff and functions associated with the informatics, business intelligence/data analytics and technology areas. This position is responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and securing technology initiatives within the organization as well as support existing technology systems and applications. The IT Director provides growth initiatives for organization, department and staff. This position will work closely with leadership and reports to the CFO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities as well as the credentials and experience listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health.
- Develops and ensure all IT procedures and policies are written and adhered to according to applicable legislation and regulations, for example; FDA and ONC, HIPAA and the HITECH Act
- Ensure that network and security audits are performed and deficiencies are resolved.
- Safeguard data integrity of the Information Technology infrastructure.
- Manage, monitor and negotiate contracts with technology vendors.
- Play an integral part in the implementation and the selection of optimal technology options including cloud based and externally hosted systems to determine organization�s technology strategy.
- In cooperation with Leadership, align technology initiatives with organizational goals for long term planning.
- Develop, manage and implement forecasted technology to support organizations strategy.
- Manage and grow an efficient and cost effective IT department who is focused on a stable and advanced IT environment, within the hosted/leased environment.
- Provide the IT staff needed for single source technical support and consultation on the installation, configuration, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripheral devices, providing accurate reports with recommendations for improvements.
- Supervise, hires, trains, and evaluates assigned IT staff. Works with employees to correct deficiencies, recommends and implements corrective action and discipline, as well as professional development.
- Provides tactical planning and project management, develops and drives the use of technology.
- Provides guidance for the Business Intelligence Program and reporting demands with knowledge of data warehouses, data marts, report writing software and BI applications.
- Interact, as needed, with clients, vendors and/or government agencies. Communicate with internal and external clients regularly to clearly communicate technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Work with IT staff to design, deploy and maintain firewalls, routers, switches, and other network devices.
- Ensure that IT staff consistently report to end users the status of upgrades, changes, and known problems.
o Other areas of oversight and responsibility include: hardware management, network management, IT security, wireless, EMR/EDR application, other application support, data warehouses, reporting, IT support and documentation, telecom and other IT functionality.
- Maintains strictest of confidentiality.
- Participates in professional development activities.
The list below is also considered to be essential functions of the position and all associates within SCL Health are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time
- Be available to work overtime after hours
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the SCL Health Service Behaviors
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role
- Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policies
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a leader of the organization, be alert to and insure that the best interests of the organization are maintained.
- Maintains a safe work environment:
o Implements, reviews, applies, and actively enforces the clinic�s safety policies.
o Supports the safety program by actively looking for opportunities to improve safety practices.
o Knowledgeable of and compliant with laws and regulations governing area of responsibility.
o Responsible for reporting any potentially non-compliant conduct.
o Cooperates fully with our Compliance Officer in upholding our Compliance Plan.