The Executive Director Operations – Specialty Care leads the SCL Health Medical Group, Specialty Care Clinics within the Colorado Front Range market. Our Specialty Care clinics include Cardiology, Women's Health, Surgical and Orthopedic among others. This executive has high visibility and involvement focused at the system level representing and leading the Specialty Care clinics’ initiatives, improvements and large scale projects. In close partnership and collaboration with the Executive Director Operations - Primary Care, this individual will report to the Vice President, Operations Medical Groups Front Range. There will be approximately 4 Service Line Administrators directly reporting to this role and approximately 16 clinical administrators as indirect reports.
The Executive Director Operations – Specialty Care will work on growth strategies, provider alignment, clinical integration, and operational excellence. It is important for this role to have innovative thinking with a strong understanding of a centralized delivery model within a highly integrated healthcare system.
- Directs and oversees all operational and financial performance of the service line. Manages and supports all expansion activities, including the opening of all service line facilities. Understands and responds to competitive threats in the market.
- Oversees and is accountable for problem solving to address service, quality, financial, network integrity, and turnover performance. Translates senior leadership objectives into actionable programs for their front line teams.
- Prepares proposals and business cases that deliver on strategic imperatives. Engages in the definition and execution of pilot initiatives.
- Provides management for Service line administrators and physicians including hiring, onboarding, training, development, and performance management. Presents at system wide meetings and committees. Responsible for associate engagement and patient satisfaction outcomes. Collaborates with HR concerning employee issues and performance.
- Ensures and maintains environment to comply with regulatory, licensure, compliance and accreditation requirements. Ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Identifies and drives quality and performance improvement initiatives.
- Master's degree in healthcare or related field is required.
- Ten (10) years of practice management or practice administrator experience is required, including at least five (5) years of supervisor-level experience.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with Hospital, Care Site and Physician leadership
Organization: SCL Health Medical Group - Front Range, Greater Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18003043