This position provides direct support to the surgeon during Obstetric related Surgical Cases. The OB Scrub Tech is responsible for setting up the Operating Room with required Instruments and equipment as well as scrubbing in to assist the Surgeon... Other duties are as follows:
- Answers telephones, responds to routine inquiries according to established policies, relays and/or records messages.
- Responsible for contributing to a Patient and Family centered culture by warmly and respectfully greeting our patients and families upon arrival to the unit
- Communicates various information to surgical staff and physicians.
- Transports specimens and cultures to laboratory.
- Transports Instruments to Central Sterile for processing.
- Responsible for stocking supplies in all rooms on the unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
- Performs daily monitoring check off’s on equipment essential to the unit.
- Works collaboratively with our Environmental Services Team to clean and ready patient rooms.
Opportunity for cross training to the role of Unit Clerk
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
- Surgical Technologist License Required
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist Preferred
Organization: St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
Primary Location: CO-Grand Junction
Department: SMG-Labor & Delivery-Unit
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Number: 17009590