Process and distribute disposable and re-useable medical/surgical supplies in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
- Promotes mission, vision and values of SCL Health.
- Actively fulfills Best in the Nation goals.
- Incorporates division/ unit protocols in planning practice and documentation per SJH report card
- Proficient in decontamination, case cart, instrument/supply packaging and sterilization processes
- Assembles procedural trays for house wide use and trays for Perioperative Services
- Distributes case carts, instruments, supplies and equipment
- Assigns instrumentation for scheduled and emergency surgery
- Documentation of sterilization process using mechanical, chemical and biological controls
- Participates in quality performance initiatives as requested
- High school graduate or GED
- 1 year Sterile Processing experience preferred or Surgical Technician certification
- Knowledge of approximately 3000 surgical instruments and specialty surgical sets strongly preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic Understanding of medical terminology required
- Aptitude for electronics preferred
- Basic computer skills required
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Central Sterile/Processing
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Number: 18002636