Prepares tissue specimens for routine and special procedures that aid Pathologists in confirmation of patient diagnosis.
- Performs complex histologic procedures, recognizes deviation from expected results, and analyzes and corrects problems using scientific principles.
- Performs, records and analyzes QC data in order to make judgments concerning the results and takes appropriate action to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Performs instrument maintenance, utilizing established protocols.
- Maintains professional skills and technical competency to do assigned tasks.
- Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Uses critical thinking principles in making decisions which lead to desired outcomes.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
- Maintains flexibility required to adapt to laboratory needs as related to testing and scheduling.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Completion of a training program studying histologic technique, required
- ASCP certification, required within one year of employment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Associate of Science degree, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a hospital setting, preferred
Organization: St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
Primary Location: CO-Grand Junction
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18002338