Located at Platte Valley Medical Center, the PRN Inpatient Pharmacist will provide coverage during evenings, weekends, and occasional night shifts to provide staffing support to the Inpatient Pharmacy.
Under occasional supervision, the pharmacist handles appropriately and effectively all day-to-day pharmacy functions.
In general the pharmacist will provide pharmaceutical care by assisting medical staff, as well as other professional staff in:
• Reviewing patient medication histories
• Educating patients on drug therapy
• Establishing desired medication therapy outcomes
• Interviewing patients to document their home medications & clarifying information
• Assessing patient demographics and lab values
• Developing therapeutic drug plans
• Determining potential alternatives for achieving drug therapy outcomes
• Developing drug therapy monitoring plans
• Implementing new drug regimens
• Monitoring patient outcomes
• Documenting medication related issues in the medical record
Education: B.S. Degree in Pharmacy required. Colorado Pharmacy Licensure required.
Experience: 2 years' experience in a hospital setting preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities: This position requires knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the provision of comprehensive pharmaceutical care in a hospital setting. The pharmacist should have knowledge, skills, and abilities relating to hospital pharmacy drug distribution, and clinical services, as well as the ability to communicate effectively, make sound judgments, work under widely varying conditions, and the ability to maintain organization and timeliness under a great deal of pressure; with a high degree of accuracy.