We invite you to bring your leadership talents and passion for women’s services to Platte Valley Medical Center as our Postpartum & NICU Clinical Coordinator!
Platte Valley Medical Center, a 98-bed Level III Trauma Center, has been serving the Brighton community and surrounding areas for over 55 years. Our Postpartum unit boasts 17 private rooms and our Level II NICU provides support with catching and transitioning babies in the delivery room, assisting directly with any complex deliveries that require stabilization and transport up to 34 weeks gestational age. We pride ourselves on the longevity of our associates within Women’s Services and have been recognized with Top Box HCHAPS and we are currently on the Baby Friendly journey.
As our Postpartum & NICU Clinical Coordinator, you will be the driving force in leadership within normal newborn, maternal, GYN and NICU care. You will work closely with our Clinical Coordinator over Labor & Delivery to ensure our patients’ experiences are seamless from labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum stay and ensuring a strong family-feel between our associates in Labor and Delivery, Postpartum and NICU.
We hope you’ll join us! At Platte Valley Medical Center, you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work and why you were called to it in the first place.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Function in the role of role model, patient advocate, leader, change agent and supporter of clinical practice
- Be an active participant in hospital activities aimed at achieving the mission of Platte Valley Medical Center
- Use your creativity to innovate within the departments, leading to better patient care and patient outcomes
- Assist the Department Director with the clinical and administrative management of the departments
- Degree or diploma from an accredited nursing program, required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing, preferred
- Current and unencumbered Colorado RN licensure or eligibility to obtain, required
- Current BLS-HCP certification from the AHA, required
- NRP certification, required within 6 months of employment
- OB nursing experience in Level III NICU, Newborn Transitions, Postpartum/Mom Baby/GYN, and/or Labor and Delivery (5+ years of experience, preferred)
- Prior Charge Nurse or management experience, preferred