Under the direction of the Procedure Card Services - Manager the PC Services Analyst (Ambassador) is responsible for the maintenance, standardization, and analysis of effective operating room procedure card processes for their care site(s). Clean PC data results in improved clinician and physician satisfaction, patient safety, working capital costs, and labor efficiencies. The focus of this role includes daily optimization of procedure card content related to operating room equipment, instruments, medications, supplies, procedure standardization, card content updates and/or revisions. This position will work directly with physicians and OR leadership to review procedure card content needs considering patient safety, clinical standardization and cost savings. This role drives process improvement through qualitative and quantitative measures. Effectively communicates and demonstrates a clear understanding of the SCL standards, vision, and guiding principles.
- Graduate of a surgical technology program or equivalent experience/training required
- Certified CNOR
- Registered Nurse – Operating Room
- 3 – 5+ years’ of acute operating room experience as a certified surgical technician or registered nurse across multiple service lines.
- 3 – 5+ years’ experience with physician procedure cards; operating room related billing, card maintenance, scheduling, and/or auditing.
- 3 – 5+ years’ knowledge/experience with operating room surgical equipment, instruments, positioning devices, medications, and/or supplies. Utilizing ERP for operating room procedure card systems (EPIC OpTime preferred).
- Willing to scrub in to the operating room periodically to maintain skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge of analytics; Business Objects Enterprise (BOE), Tableau, Excel.
- Knowledge and deployment of Lean methodologies.