Yellowstone Urology is dedicated to providing the best possible diagnostic services, medical treatment, and innovative surgical procedures for urological problems. When appropriate, our physicians utilize non-invasive or minimally invasive approaches to treatment. As a patient of St. Vincent Physicians Yellowstone Urology, you have access to the larger SCL Health System, including St. Vincent Healthcare
. When you come to St. Vincent Healthcare, every surgeon, physician, nurse and staff member you meet is 100 percent dedicated to being leaders in advanced healthcare practices and helping you on your healthcare journey.
In this position, the PSR assists patients in person and via the phone by making appointments, collecting and entering demographic and insurance information into the electronic system accurately, collecting money and directing calls to appropriate clinic personnel. In addition, this position is responsible for preparing, maintaining, and facilitating access to patient medical records for the purposes of patient care. Job roles and responsibilities emphasize a patient-centered, team-based approach to care and support each team being trained to the highest level of function by the state law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Reception and Registration Functions
- Positively represents St Vincent Healthcare at all times. Greets the patient, answers the telephone, communicates general practice information to patients and family members using provided customer service techniques and organizational scripting. Provides patients with appropriate paperwork and assists patients in the completion of the documents as needed.
- Gathers accurate information by interviewing patients, verifying insurance coverage, recording information using registration software, and obtaining signatures for each patient encounter.
- Confidently collects co-payments, past due balances and payments at time of service
- Handles cash and other payments per established cash control systems established by the organization
- Utilizing provider protocols, schedules appointments, referrals and diagnostic tests, and maintains updates and distributes schedule
- Reviews and corrects claims that are assigned via electronic work queue in a timely fashion
- Compiles, processes and maintains records to appropriately scan to patient chart. Performs quality assurance functions on electronic files
- Pulls and prepares charts for visits, telephone calls, and per staff request, prioritizing based on
urgency of request
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in the hospitality or service industry is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft Word as well as the ability to learn new applications relevant to the position