In this position, the Clinic Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides practical nursing care to patients in the clinic environment. Job roles and responsibilities emphasize a team-based approach to care and support each team being trained to the highest level of function by the state law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets, escorts, and prepares patients for exams and procedures.
- Assists and collaborates with the RN to complete a holistic, age-specific admission history, physical assessment, analysis of clinical data, and nursing plan of care on all assigned patients in an ongoing manner to monitor for deviations and formulate an individualized plan of care
- Discharges patient and schedules appointments, specialty referrals and tests as directed by provider.
- Administers allergy injections, treatments and medications and records prescription refill requests, maintaining medication inventory and logs
- Maintains exam rooms and consistently replenishes patient care supplies
Universal Worker Responsibilities
- Performs phlebotomy tasks, collects and logs specimens, assists in the coordination of lab result reporting processes and performs quality control checks
- Prepares and instructs patients for radiology procedure and performs site specific chest and extremity procedures according to policies and procedures
- Current MT LPN license
- Current BLS certification
- Current Montana State General/Chest/Extremity Radiology Permit or successful completion of course and test within six months or upon next offering (site specific)
- Current phlebotomy skills or successful completion of in service and competency within 3 months (site specific).
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Medical Group, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB PSO-SVPN-GI Clinic
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18002350