St. James is now offering up to $7,500 in hiring incentives for this position! Apply now to hear more details!!
This position provides intra-operative/procedural teamwork with physicians, nurses, assistants and housekeepers in the Surgical Services Department.
Establishes priorities in organizing intra-operative/procedural care based on case type and needs of the patient and health care team.
Implements physician preference cards based on case type.
Aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient during surgical and endoscopy procedures.
Demonstrates operational knowledge of equipment, supplies and instrumentation in the operating rooms, sterile processing, and endoscopy suites.
When not moving to another case, demonstrates ability to assist other team members in room turnover according to AST guidelines excluding terminal cleaning.
Decontaminates all surgical and clinical instrumentation equipment and patient care items as directed.
Inspects, assembles, packages, sterilizes, stores, distributes and monitors instrumentation, equipment and patient care items according to current regulatory standards, manufactures’ recommendations and departmental protocol.
Acts as resource liaison between Sterile Processing and Surgery.
Accurately monitors and records all statutory documents in accordance with current regulatory standards.
Assists with inventory, ordering, and stocking of OR supplies
Assists with transporting or assisting patients to and from OR
Successful completion of an accredited Surgical Technology Training Program.
• Prefer one year of Surgical Technician experience in a surgical hospital or outpatient surgery center
• Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
• Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft Word, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
• Certified Surgical Technologist Certification upon hire.
• Current BLS certification required upon hire.