Performs medical laboratory tests, procedures, and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by performing the following duties.
- Ability to access, manage and update patient medical records through Hospital Electronic Medical Record Information System.
- Accurately and reproducibly conducts chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Identifies patients, collects, labels, transports and stores all lab specimens according to established policies.
- Calls panic values per established policy.
- Correlates and interprets test results and enters findings in computer.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Performs quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verifies instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
- Demonstrates practices to keep all medical record information protected and confidential.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University; or a combination of education and training
- Clinical Education in school of CLS
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- MT, CLS or MLS and Montana licensure required upon hire
Friends and Family BLS within 3 months of hire
Organization: St. James Healthcare, Butte, MT
Primary Location: MT-Butte
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Number: 18002301