Answer your calling by bringing your nursing expertise to Lutheran Medical Center’s Senior Behavioral Unit!
Lutheran Medical Center, located in Wheat Ridge (about 10 miles outside of the downtown area), is an acute care community hospital and Level III Trauma Center boasting nearly 250 beds total. Lutheran Medical Center has also been recognized as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals in 2016.
Our Senior Behavioral Unit (SBU) consists of 18 beds and cares for our most vulnerable population; the elderly. Patients who come into this unit typically have medically complex issues complicated with usually alzheimers or dementia. The patient ratio is most often around 3-4:1. Our older generations deserve the care and respect that this team at Lutheran delivers.
Answer your calling by bringing your career to Lutheran Medical Center. You will make a tremendous difference in the lives of the patients we serve and have a positive impact on your own life through work/life balance, competitive pay, excellent benefits and educational opportunities!
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians’ orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required (BSN required within 4 years of employment)
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a long term acute care setting, skilled nursing home setting or med/surg