In this position, the Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the pharmacist with the distribution of appropriately prescribed drugs and quality pharmaceutical services for patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Drug Distribution Activities
- Assists the pharmacist to ensure that medications are prepared accurately and distributed in a timely manner to prevent medication errors and provide quality medication management.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational application of the departmental computer systems.
- Accurately fills unit dose carts, automated dispensing cabinets, outpatient prescriptions, and other medication orders under the supervision of the pharmacist.
- Participates in departmental workgroups to contribute to process improvements and strategic planning.
- Completes assigned audit tasks to maintain and improve quality pharmaceutical services.
- Assists in the training of pharmacy personnel and students.
- Completes training and education programs to maintain certification and to enhance knowledge and practice skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of approved national technician certification program .
- Current registration as certified Pharmacy technician with Montana State Board of Pharmacy
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn new applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Number: 18002287