The Manager of Business Relationship Management reports to the STSC BRM Director. This role has a scope of responsibilities is typically one or two care sites and several business units. Responsible for STSC business relationship management of assigned acute and/or ambulatory care sites. Overall responsibility for serving as the strategic interface with assigned business units for the purpose of business/IT strategy development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management. Serves as the business relationship linkage between the business units and IT (at the executive level). Primary focus is to assist business unit in adding value through the use of appropriate technology. Communicates decisions, priorities and relevant project information to appropriate levels of staff regarding business unit requests, projects and initiatives. Proactively shares knowledge of technology risks and opportunities to build competitive advantage and improve efficiency and effectiveness of business units. Focuses on strategic initiatives and plans, proactive, anticipatory and driving in nature and provides significant value to business units. Facilitates the planning and execution of business changes through the use of technology. Serves a lead role in enabling the business to achieve their objectives through the effective use of technology. Proactively serve as a “trusted advisor,” and function as a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders. They represent STSC to the organization by promoting STSC's vision, value, services, and capabilities. Act as advocate on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and needs. Must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills. Work closely with others on intangible issues across organizational and business-entity boundaries. Knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with internal and/or external stakeholders as a thought leader to align technology solutions with business strategies. Analyzes technology trends to determine impact to the achievement of organizational goals.
- Actively participates in hospital meetings, task forces and steering committees as assigned. Proactively seeks out and establishes relationships with the clinical directors and physicians.
- Promotes continuous identification and evaluation of potential STSC-related process improvements within hospital, educating hospital constituencies on emerging information technologies and assisting in the evaluation of concepts under consideration.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of STSC and the service catalog, and assigned departments/business areas to identify and communicate how STSC solutions can support the achievement of short- and long term business goals.
- Ensures stakeholder’s expectations are set and identifies and resolves disconnects through negotiation or governance mechanisms.
- Assist business and clinical units in quality improvement efforts. Work closely with other STSC teams also working on quality initiatives, including creation, measuring, and monitoring of KPIs.
- Continuously strives to add value to business unit through the use of technology.
- Establishes and maintains a strategic relationship with appropriate level key business and clinical stakeholders and STSC.
- Manages stakeholders’ perceptions with all STSC services. Recaps (monthly, quarterly, and annually, as needed) STSC performance. Responsible for collecting and responding to customer complaints.
- Manages the BRM team assigned, including IT project managers, ancillary application analysts, and BRM coordinators.
- Ensures the oversight for resolution of escalated IT issues and complaints.
- Responsible for surveying customer satisfaction.
- Represents the business strategies and priorities to STSC. Represents the STSC vision to the business. And manages vendor relationships. Promotes continuous relationships with existing and potential vendors.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
- May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, computer science, or healthcare administration.
- 3 – 5 years of management experience in healthcare or business related setting, as well as experience in information technology setting and thorough understanding of healthcare technologies. Experience working with senior leadership of organization.
- Master’s Degree
- Preferred master’s degree in business and/or healthcare.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP)
- 6 plus years of experience working in healthcare management, as well as experience with healthcare technologies. Experience working directly with both senior leadership and physicians in healthcare setting.