Under the direction of the Lab Manager, the Lab Blood Bank Supervisor is accountable for the planning, operating, and staffing of an assigned area of responsibility. The regularly assigned area is Blood Bank, but the individual will also be able to function in the Lab as a general Lab Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of service area Quality Assessment and Quality Improvement activities.
- Identifies problems, proposes solutions, and reviews the findings of monitoring and evaluation activities, utilizing the interactive planning process with service area personnel.
- Assists staff in the Laboratory on an as needed basis
Human Resource Management
- Provides guidance in all areas of compliance, discipline and organizational responsibility
- Assists in the hiring, orientating, coaching and training of staff
Budget and Financial Management
- Monitors input pricing on a continual basis to determine sound products and cost effective pricing of all supplies while maintaining compliance with system purchasing agreements
- Participates in the preparation of annual budgets for capital equipment, personnel, supplies and other departmental expenses ensuring that all assignments are submitted to the director within the required time lines.
- Provides technical and professional guidance, consultation and coordination to the Director and technical staff in matters of clinical laboratory services, relationships, management and productivity.
- Ensures that the Laboratory Information System (LIS) is operated to provide optimal care to patients and a high level of service to clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a related science.
- ASCP registered (or equivalent)
- Current Montana CLS license
- Current SBB certification or completion of the appropriate AABB course leading to examination and completion of the SBB certification. This certification must be completed within 24 months after appointment as the Blood Bank Supervisor.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an approved Laboratory
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-Blood Bank
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001952