This position provides quality goal directed Speech and Language Pathology (SLP) evaluation, treatment, and discharge planning to patients with cognitive, communication and/or swallowing disabilities to improve optimal functional level of independence.
- Provides clinically sound, clear, written initial and ongoing assessments of patients requiring SLP services. Develops defined goals and treatment plans from the assessment.
- Provides effective SLP treatments according to written SLP and interdisciplinary team treatment plans.
- Serve as a interdisciplinary team member including but not limited to effective team communication, adherence to team treatment plans, coordination of patient rehabilitation schedule, providing SLP expertise to team functions and providing staff education.
- Provides effective discharge planning regarding SLP issues, which may include but is not limited to patient and family counseling and education, recommending referrals of service to treatment team, home program development, and documentation.
- Submits daily treatment documentation and charges in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings. Participates in continuing education program to ensure appropriate units are attained for maintenance of state license.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Graduation from an accredited School of Speech/Language Pathology, required
- Certificate of clinical competence in speech/language pathology granted by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA), required
- Master’s degree in Speech Pathology, preferred
- Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-IP-Speech Language Therapy
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001806