1. Actively participates in patient care rounds with the Quality Director. Serves as a patient care coordinator for the respiratory therapy patients. Provides education to patients and family members during the hospital stay and serves as a resource and contact for patients and their families after they are discharged.
2. Discusses plan of care with physicians and nurses and concurrently reviews that all care meets evidence-based guidelines for respiratory.
3. Serves as a liaison for the Respiratory Service Line program with other departments in the hospital and with outside agencies and institutions. Actively plans and participates in Respiratory Education programs for physicians, nurses and ancillary personnel in the hospital, community and outlying areas.
4. Coordinates and/or provides outreach efforts per Resp Service Line program TJC PSC requirements focusing on Resp Education, Nursing Student education and by providing other speaking requests by the community.
5. Performs chart reviews and collects data for and maintains the database to meet core measure data submission requirements of The Joint Commission. Analysis of this data for performance improvement activity planning and evaluation within the respiratory therapy program.
6. Serves as a member of the Quality Team and serves as a resource for respiratory protocol and care. Maintains and/or analyzes data collected on respiratory processes per TJC requirements and provides follow-up to caregivers along the resp therapy care continuum.
7. In collaboration with the Quality Director, develops and implements evidence-based policies and standards for the Respiratory Service Line Program by analyzing current guidelines and processes and per PSC TJC requirements.