Must sustain a sterile environment in all areas of the hospital. Perform heavy cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish. Duties may include cleaning rooms, nursing units, administrative offices, laboratory areas and public waiting areas and restrooms. Will launder and replace hospital linen when needed. Maintain daily inventory of supplies and inspect equipment for repairs or replacements. Will attend to our facility with integrity and attention to detail and will ensure that proper infection-control policies are being followed.
• Maintains all floor surfaces.
• Disposes of all infectious and non-infectious waste.
• Responsible for all furniture moving and set-up.
• Maintains all wall and ceiling surfaces, including lights.
• Maintains all entrances.
• Cleaning of patient rooms and common areas.
• Dusting all areas both high and low.
• Stocks supplies for cart and room as required (including both laundry and housekeeper supplies)
• Demonstrates proficiency in the cleaning of beds and the Alaris IV Pump
• Washes soiled linen.
• Sorts clean linen.
• Folds clean linen and places in proper storage areas.
• Feeds linen into mangle and folds on the mangle.
• Assembles unit packs.
• Delivers linen to inpatient rooms and ancillary departments.
High School Diploma or GED preferred
Basic Computer Skills
Related Experience or training preferred
Friends and Family BLS required within 6 months of hire