This position is responsible to help the end-user departments in conceptualizing, designing, implementing and supporting various applications and their integration with other applications. Gathers business-related requirements in order to design systems, enhancements, and perform required maintenance. Responsible for the configuration, testing, and documentation of workflows.
LOCATION: Denver, CO TRAVEL: 10-15% to other SCL locations
- Responsible for the testing, implementing, support, and documentation of various applications. Be able to participate and support an on-call schedule, based on department needs.
- Analyze and document user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Document workflows, build activities, change management activities, end-user notifications, training information, status reporting in the appropriate systems in a timely manner.
- Accountable for applying the principles, practices and discipline of systems analysis and application build, which include planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, training and implementation for new systems and optimizations for existing ones.
- Work with business owners to expand or modify system to serve new purposes, improve workflows, integration with other systems to result in optimizations or innovation.
- Recommends workflow and application changes for improved quality, safety or efficiency and works through the necessary governance structure for approvals.
- Develops and monitors controls to ensure appropriate availability and data integrity within applications assigned.
- Collaborates and monitors processes and works with vendor to ensure optimal quality and system performance
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Business Administration or Health Administration or equivalent experience combined with other education may be considered in lieu of specified degree
- Two (2) years of experience in healthcare, technology or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Business Administration or Health Administration
- Skilled in information systems used throughout the organization including database applications, word processing and spreadsheet software, and presentation applications, financial and contract systems.
- OnBase administrator certification
- ITIL certification
- 5 or more years of experience in Information Management systems, systems analysis, project management and management of operations and complex projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires specific knowledge and experience regarding application assigned
- Ability to develop strategic direction and vision
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and to effectively persuade and lead toward consensus
- Ability to manage diverse teams and to foster accountability to create high performing teams
- Ability to lead through change