The CVT Clinic Coordinator has responsibility for triaging, scheduling, registering, and providing patient care support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Scheduling and Patient Triage
- Assists with patient registration activities such as greeting patients, registering patient and obtaining demographic information, obtaining and updating office software billing, and preparing, maintaining and filing patient charts
- Answer and triage physician and patient calls that come to the CVT and Vascular Clinic. With a strong clinical understanding of CVT disease and treatment will:
- start and complete a patient chart and problem list,
- request the appropriate old records,
- schedule the correct tests,
- schedule the patient for an appointment,
- coordinate patient appointments with other offices,
- schedule procedures and surgeries,
- prepare orders for physician signatures
- Facilitates appropriate responses to all incoming physician inquiries.
- Interfaces appropriately with Surgical Services Scheduling, Cath Lab scheduling, Radiology scheduling,other hospital departments, and other physician offices
- Interface professionally with outlying referral hospitals, clinics and physician offices.
- Assists with statistical and database entry and tracking
- Maintains and coordinates physician schedules including coordinating meetings, CME’s, outside appointments, and outreach
- Maintains and updates physician appointment schedules, call surgery, and surgery schedule
- Within the appropriate scope, communicates with patients and answers questions on diet, medications, and pre-op/post-op instructions
- Assists with coordination of emergent patient transfers (flight transport, House Supervisor contact, incoming cases, etc).
- Covers and supports staff in the Vascular Clinic with responsibilities such as PADnet support and outreach and Vascular screening and triage
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years applicable work experience in a clinical setting
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a vascular setting
- Prior experience in triaging clinical issues that have been relayed verbally
- Demonstrated ability to work with physicians and their clinical staff
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Ability to establIsh quantifiable goals and meet them.
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Medical Group, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB PSO-SVPN-Cardiovascular Surgery
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001603