Operates radiologic equipment to produce clinical diagnostic x-ray films as prescribed by physicians and perform routine diagnostic procedures according to established standards and practices.
- Produces x-ray images of specified body areas as directed by the physician or radiologist ensuring clear and undistorted films. Positions and instructs patients regarding x-ray procedures.
- Performs x-ray procedures using portable machine as requested by Emergency Department and nursing units.
- Processes films for radiologists reading/interpretation following established procedures.
- Prepares or cleans patient rooms by changing linens, stocking supplies and wiping off tables and equipment ensuring an efficient and clean working environment.
- Protects patients from undue exposure to radiation by using lead shields and various safety factors.
- Prepares and assists in administering contrast agents by monitoring dosages and determining any potential allergies ensuring compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Maintain patient information as needed by purging or updating patient film jackets and/or filing reports or film files to ensure accurate patient records.
- Maintains imaging and processing equipment by performing scheduled cleanings and tests and documenting results. Contacts service personnel and notifies supervision of malfunctioning equipment.
- Performs other duties as needed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Successful completion of an approved radiological training program and the ability to meet the requirements for registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), required
- Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-Diagnostic Radiology
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001213