In this position, the Business Coordinator supports the Practice Manager in overseeing the clinic daily operations including human re
· Assists the Practice Manager with the overall staffing and scheduling of clinic per
· Works collaboratively with Practice Manager to recruit, orient, train, and evaluate staff;
· Supports financial accountability for department functioning and examines alternative methods of providing required services in order to reduce departmental supply and per
Physician and Patient Relations
· Reviews Press Ganey survey data and works in conjunction with leaders and staff to implement action plans addressing patient satisfaction feedback;
· Addresses patient complaints and communicates concerns or potential patient care risks to clinic leaders, ensuring that follow-up occurs.
Reception, Registration and HIM
· Greets the patient and answers the telephone, communicates general practice information to patients and family members and provides patients with appropriate paperwork ;
· Gathers accurate information by interviewing patients, verifying insurance coverage, and recording information using registration
· Utilizing provider protocols, schedules appointments, referrals and diagnostic tests, and maintains updates and distributes schedule;
· Ability to lead HIM functions to regulatory and compliance standards.
· Will step in as needed to help cover front desk position(s) in the office when needed.
· Ability to assume small accounting, finance or reporting projects as assigned;
· Manage flow of information between departments including forms, meeting minutes, invoices, ordering and data;
· Able to interact with departments, community partners and community toward organizational goals
· Maintains filing systems, relevant databases, and tracking/reporting for special initiatives;
· Perform other duties as assigned by the practice manager or physician.
· Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
Required: A high school diploma is required.
Preferred: Associate’s Degree
Required: Three (3) years related experience in a healthcare environment is required.