- Maintains clinical competency congruent with defined standards of practice to provide direct patient care and education to those with altered/impaired skin integrity, ostomies and incontinence.
- Initiates and applies new clinical modalities based upon expert knowledge, technical competency, new research and literature.
- Partners with medical staff, interdepartmental staff and community resources to provide comprehensive inpatient care.
- Assists with referrals of clients along the care continuum.
- Provides in-service education, staff development instruction and educational opportunities to medical and nursing staff and nursing students.
- Assists with the development and coordination of job specific nursing competency validation.
- Provides input through product evaluation regarding the responsible use of present resources as well as purchasing cost-effective supplies and equipment relating to wounds, ostomies and incontinence.
- Demonstrates and promotes the use of the quality improvement process by staff, integrating customer needs and staff competency to provide a safe environment and quality care/service for customers and employees.
- Evaluates patent care with emphasis on quality improvement.
- Consults in area of specialty with Exempla system and community partners.
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures.
- Lead and organize meetings for hospital wide skin/wound/ostomy team.
- Continue to keep abreast of current skin/wound/ostomy products and treatment
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing with a Bachelor of Science degree required.
- Master’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Three years of staff nursing experience
- Graduate of accredited Wound, Ostomy, Continence Nurse Education Program preferred.
- Experience in adult education preferred.
- Membership in professional organization preferred.
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-Nursing Administration
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001004