Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
This position works under moderate supervision to perform routine awake and sleep EEGs.
- Reads physician's electroencephalograph test requisition to determine which of a number of standards tests are to be performed; explains to patient the need for the examination and procedure involved in an effort to reduce or overcome possible anxiety or reluctance to cooperate.
- Determines locations to place electrodes on patient's head; marks locations on patient's head. Attaches electrodes to marked locations on patient's head; ensures that electrode leads are connected correctly; calibrates all electroencephalograph recording channels in accordance with standard procedure.
- Operates electroencephalograph equipment in accordance with training, experience, and standard procedure to produce tracings for analysis by a physician.
- Observes patient for undesired activity such as blinking of the eves or leg movement which may produce artifacts on the tracing and notates such activity on the tracing.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) from American Heart Assn, required
Registered EEG Tech or EPT through ABRET, preferred, and obtained within 6 months after hire date.
- Prefer at least least 6 months experience as an EEG Technologist
- Experience in EMU and evoked potential, EMG.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Completion of specialized vocational training in electroencephalography or related medical training, preferred
- Must be able to take share in taking call
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-EEG/Sleep Lab
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Number: 18001714