Performs independent physical therapy functions in accordance with accepted practice standards as defined by the state Board of Physical Therapy. The physical therapist assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates physical therapy care to patients on an intermittent basis in the community or place of residence.
1. Evaluates health status through the ongoing collection and assessment of health data. Performs health teaching and health counseling within standard scope of practice. Provides therapy and treatment that is supportive and restorative to life and well-being either directly to the patient or indirectly through consultation with, delegation to, supervision of, or teaching of others. Reviews and monitors therapy and treatment plans. Refers patients as needed for further evaluation or treatment.
2. Collaborates with physician, client and applicable caregivers/representatives to establish and execute care plan. Participates in interdisciplinary conferences to promote care coordination and exchange of pertinent information. Delivery of person-centered care through an interdisciplinary plan of care and care coordination activities. Demonstrates team work, accountability, compassion and kindness with professionalism and customer service. Performs supervisory responsibilities of Physical Therapy Assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants per agency and regulatory requirements.
3. Participates as assigned in quality assessment performance improvement initiatives, and maintains professional knowledge and experience through ongoing education and training.
4. Maintains knowledge of regulations and agency processes and policies. Completes accurate and prompt documentation in accordance with professional standards, agency and regulatory guidelines. Ensures protected health information is kept confidential.
5. Reports grievances and complaints made by clients, families, referral sources and other health care professionals. Reports allegations of client abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of client property.
6. Uses resources as needed.
7. Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
9. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
Required: Graduate from a Physical Therapy curriculum approved by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) or any accrediting body approved by the U.S. Office of Education.
Preferred: Doctorate degree of Physical Therapy is preferred.
Required: Current license as a Physical Therapist in the state of practice is required.
Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (BLS-HCP) course completion card from the American Heart Association is required.
Preferred: Certification as appropriate for unit or service is preferred.
Required: 1 year of physical therapy experience or combination of experience and education
Preferred: 1 year of home health experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrates sound decision-making and problem solving abilities effectively with clients, families, caregivers, other healthcare team members and supervisors.
Customer-service and results-oriented focus
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills
Parts of the work involve multiple steps and are quite complex, requiring attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills. Accuracy is essential
Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients, families, and referral sources
Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care providers
Regular attendance to perform work during regularly scheduled business hours or scheduled shifts is required
Ability to work weekends is required for identified positions
Maintains reliable transportation.