In this position, the Point of Care Testing (POCT) Coordinator serves as a consultant and liaison for inpatient and outlying clinical sites for the technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with other departments or clinic staff to develop methods and/or systems for improving quality and costs associated with POCT.
- Collects and evaluates QA/QI, Quality Control data from POCT sites and reports data collected to service area manager and laboratory director
- Resolves technical problems and ensures that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Directs the performance of proficiency testing for POCT (enrollment, testing, documentation, reporting and Designates procedures for screening and diagnostic use)
- Directs training, orientation and competency documentation for all POCT staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or a related science.
- ASCP registered
- Current Montana CLS license
- Minimum five years’ experience in an approved laboratory
- Specialty training or prior experience with POCT preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-Clinical Lab Services
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001476