This position is responsible for assisting with patient care by performing tasks under the direction and immediate supervision of a licensed Therapist.
- Provides therapy patient treatment programs or portions thereof planned and delegated by a licensed Therapist.
- Assists the Therapist in performing tests, evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
- Carries out actual treatment procedures including exercise programs and the application of heat, cold light, whirlpool, sound, and massage modalities while observing established procedures and safety precautions.
- Trains patient in exercises, ambulation, and activities of daily living.
- Applies and cares for braces, prosthesis, and other assistive devices recommended for and used by patients during therapy activities.
- Maintains, operates and cares for therapy equipment.
- Completes all required documentation in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Educates family and patients regarding ability/disability and treatment programs and goals.
- Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings. Participates in continuing education program to ensure appropriate units are attained for maintenance of state license.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned and requested.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Formal training in a medical field, such as Therapy Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, or other equivalent training, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-IP-Physical Therapy
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001397