In this position, the Phlebotomist is responsible for collecting patient blood samples, receiving and distributing specimens and performing receptionist and clerical duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives supply items, stocks shelves and drawers, and labels and receives laboratory specimens in Sunquest system.
Patient/Specimen Customer Care:
- Completes checks of orders placed in the LIS against orders on the requisition. Notes irregularities with registration, such as missing ICD codes and un-signed Advanced Beneficiary Notices. Treats all customers with respect following SCLHS guidelines.
- Answers the pneumatic tube system and performing all duties necessary to get the specimens to the intended department.
Reference Laboratory Responsibilities:
- Retrieves and reviews Reference Laboratory data on test(s), confirms Reference Laboratory specimen requirements and obtains proper specimen(s).
- Receives Reference Laboratory Results and routes appropriately to proper caregiver, Medical Records, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification or completion within three months of employment
- Previous medical or phlebotomy experience preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-Speciman Procurement
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Number: 18001291