In this position the Quality Coordinator will be an integral member of the laboratory quality team and will require a broad knowledge of evidence based quality practices including quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement projects. The Quality Coordinator must also possess strong leadership qualities and effective communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Helps to develop, manage and maintain the laboratories Quality Management strategic plan to improve the quality of care and the culture of safety with the help of the laboratory manager and laboratory director.
- Acts as an in-house quality expert resource to all departments of the laboratory.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities to improve the quality and safety of the laboratory.
- Identifies opportunities for proactive change in the system suggested by published events or recommendations focused on quality improvement and laboratory safety.
- Seeks and identifies emerging technology and/or work models that may enhance laboratory safety.
Quality Management Responsibilities.
- Monitors quality metrics and brings quality concerns to the attention of the Laboratory Manager, Laboratory Director and the Medical Director.
- Participates in the investigation of errors and quality issues and reports to the laboratory manager
- Promotes benchmarking and evidence based practices throughout the laboratory
- Participates in the investigation of errors and accidents and reports to Lab Manager, Lab Director or Medical Director
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist or equivalent with at least five years’ experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Current Montana CLS license or equivalent
- Process performance improvement experience
- Knowledge of quality laboratory practices
- Strong organizational skills, customer service skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-Clinical Lab Services
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001290