In this position, the Registered Nurse, through care, counseling and curative measures, is responsible for ensuring that the patient has adequate information to make health decisions, coordination of total care and assisting the patient in reaching the ultimate goal of self-care in order to support health, life, and the quality of life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure, and pulse rate.
- Administers patients’ medications as directed by the Physician/Provider.
- Prepares medication using safety precautions.
- Prepares cancer patient, both physiologically and psychologically, for chemotherapy
- Servers as intermediary for communication between patient and family; as well as, between patient and Healthcare Provider.
- Helps patient work through adjustment to chemotherapy.
- Instructs the patient and family in home care.
- Ability to access IV ports and inset IV’s
- Maintains and accurately records healthcare record.
- Maintains and monitors accurate inventory levels.
- Ability to accurately triage patients and intervene appropriately.
- Other duties may be assigned or delegated.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Montana Registered Nurse licensure
- Certification in Basic Life Support
- Ability to obtain ACLS certification within 30 days of hire
- OCN certification or the ability to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers and ability to learn new programs
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-Infusion 2 FCC
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001232