Directs home care operations and ensures quality and safe delivery of home health services. Plans, develops, implements and evaluates Agency services, programs and activities.
- Directs the operations for Home care. Leads management team in planning, program development, human resource management, budget planning, customer satisfaction, patient safety, communication and compliance with regulatory agencies. Translates organization strategy into goals, action plans and metrics. Creates purpose and meaning for department and clearly communicates and links purpose and meaning to organizational goals. Works in collaboration with the post-acute leadership team to facilitate program development/modification, a culture of innovation, quality and service using a transformational approach.
- Oversees service needs and volumes. Directs management team in managing staffing levels and productivity. Provides communication to management team and associates through huddles, staff meetings and other forms of communication to relay updates regarding department updates, organizational activities, financial performance, educational opportunities, interdepartmental activities and QI activities.
- Leads team to implement and ensure compliance with regulations, policy and procedures which support the organization's goals and business objectives. Acts as the liaison between executive leadership and the agency. Acts as resource to team with respect to processes, rules and regulations. Ensures agency practices conform to established professional standards, agency and regulatory guidelines. Ensures protected health information is kept confidential.
- Directs and drives quality indicators and performance initiatives fulfilling the Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) and Quality Management Plan rules and regulations. Leads the team to establish mechanisms to design, measure, maintain, and improve the performance and quality of department services. Oversees resolution of issues related to service, safety, and quality. Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Develops action plans in line with the organization's strategic initiatives and goals.
- Directs human resource functions including interviewing, selection, onboarding, orientation, education/training, feedback, performance evaluation, and policy and procedure development.
- Investigates and takes appropriate action to resolve and record reported grievances and complaints made by clients, families, referral sources and other health care professionals. Reports allegations of client abuse, neglect and/or misappropriation of client property.
- Participates in the preparation of the operational and capital budgets. Monitors and reports the performance of the department against budget. Develops annual operating plans, business plans for new services and changes in the organizational structure in the department. Presents business plans, reports, and other statistical data to executive leadership team. Oversees capital equipment purchases and instrument service contracts.
- Bachelor's level degree is required.
- Five (5) years of related healthcare management experience is required.
- Master's degree in Healthcare Administration or Business Administration, or Advanced Nursing Degree or Doctorate degree of Physical Therapy is preferred.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse or Physical Therapist in the state of practice. Certification as appropriate for unit or service is preferred.
- One (1) year of home health experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to create and foster an environment conducive to professional staff growth to promote recruitment, retention, and quality client care.
Demonstrate ability to prioritize and actively participating in problem solving.
Demonstrates sound decision-making and problem solving abilities effectively with clients, families, caregivers, other healthcare team members and supervisors.
Demonstrates strong customer-service and results-oriented focus.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Demonstrates ability to manage complex work involving multiple steps, requiring strong attention to detail and creative problem-solving skills. Accuracy is essential.
Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients, families, and referral sources.
Ability to work well with an interdisciplinary team and health care providers.
Regular attendance to perform work during regularly scheduled business hours or scheduled shifts is required.
Maintains reliable transportation.