This position is responsible for performing clinical assessment, uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomic and pathological ultrasound images and maintaining a high degree of quality of those images.
- Performs ultrasonic diagnostic procedures of specified body areas by properly positioning patients and locating/scanning areas for interpretation as directed by the physician or radiologist.
- Explains procedures to patients and/or family members ensuring cooperation and optimum test results and to reduce anxiety.
- Analyzes sonograms, obtains a medical history and demonstrates excellent communication skills and self confidence when presenting this information to the radiologist.
- Prepares or cleans patient rooms by changing linens, stocking supplies, wiping off tables and cleaning equipment, ensuring an efficient and clean working environment.
- Assists physicians with such procedures as needle biopsies, amniocentesis, renal biopsies, etc. by scanning patient, marking patient’s body and determining angle of puncture as requested.
- Maintain patient information by purging or updating patient film jackets and/or filing reports or film files to ensure accurate patient records.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment by performing scheduled cleanings/tests and documents results. Contacts service personnel and notifies supervision of malfunctioning equipment.
- Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Successful completion of a formal Ultrasound training program or equivalent training, required
- Current certification, or registry eligible for certification, through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001058