Hiring incentives of up to $29,000 (sign-on, relocation and student loan forgiveness) for qualified candidates.
This position is responsible for coordinating and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct patient care. This position also assists in staff development.
- Supervise direct patient care delivery.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning patient care.
- Assist the Nursing management to recruit and hire nursing staff.
- Provide supervision for assigned staff, including performance evaluations and problem solving.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to assure adequate coverage.
- Assure effective interactions with patients and families.
- Assure compliance with patient rights policies and work with other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with patient record documentation requirements, as directed.
- Act as a resource person for other staff.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings with direct report staff to assure effective communication.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences and/or other meetings with other departments to assure satisfactory patient care.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the facility.
- Participate in/provide in-service education sessions.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- BSN, required
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Three years of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-Rehab Care-Unit
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Number: 18000172