Provides professional nursing care to patients by performing the following duties.
- Monitors and records vital signs such as temperature, blood pressure and pulse rate.
- Gives patients medications as directed by the Physician/Provider
- Prepares medication using safety precautions.
- Prepares cancer patient, both physiologically and psychologically, for chemotherapy.
- Serves as intermediary for communication between patient and family as well as between patient and Health Care Provider.
- Helps patient work through adjustment to chemotherapy.
- Instructs the patient and family in home care.
- Ability to access IV Ports and inset IV’s
- Maintains and accurately records healthcare record.
- Maintains and monitors accurate inventory levels.
- Ability to accurately triage patients and intervene appropriately.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from accredited school of nursing required. B.S.N. Degree preferred.
- Six months to one year related experience required.
- Oncology or critical care experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current MT RN license.
- Current BLS certification, required upon hire.
- ONC Certification within 12 months of hire.
Organization: St. James Healthcare, Butte, MT
Primary Location: MT-Butte
Department: SJB-Medical Oncology
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001061