The Decision Support Analyst has co-responsibility for developing and maintaining the Cost Accounting module within the SCL Health Decision Support system (EPSi). This encompasses understanding all steps in the process and the ability to complete the process with limited supervision. This position will engaging with department managers and staff to develop the detail RVUs used for our concepts of cost accounting. This position is also a key analyst for various reporting and analysis projects, including but not limited to Service Line performance trending, benchmarking, budget target support, quality initiatives, and charge master pricing. The Sr. Decision Support/Cost Analyst role is a member of the Decision Support Team which supports multiple hospitals and a large Physician Network of clinics. We are a collaborative team that thrives in a knowledge sharing work environment.
- Decision Support Cost Accounting
o Meetings with care site departments for annual RVU analysis and data collection
o Working within EPSi system to updating/maintaining tables & databases, reconciliation of databases to monthly financials, Audit of key indicators to ensure accuracy of data
o Updating/maintaining tables & databases with various components to create costing system files
o Collaboration with general ledger teams and revenue management team for overhead allocation and net revenue impact.
o Maintain documentation of data changes and update processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience preferably in healthcare finance
- Proficient use of spreadsheets, general knowledge of applications related to database maintenance and reporting
- Experience with healthcare decision support systems preferred
- Proven financial analysis competency and cost accounting expertise
- Demonstrated customer service skills and good written and oral communication